Roxy Renovation Phase 2 with Energy Upgrades
Fire Mountain Arts Council (FMAC) is in the midst of an ambitious, multi-faceted renovation to address urgent and long-needed improvements to the Roxy Theater.
These improvements will assure the long-term viability of the Roxy Theater and the capability of its programs to serve the community and its youth for decades to come and will help drive economic well-being of eastern Lewis County.
By September 2022—with the support from generous donors, grantors and volunteers, and the work of excellent contractors—FMAC accomplished the following:
- Remodeled Roxy’s front entry with inviting, weather-sealed glass doors.
- Replaced old halogen stage lighting with an energy-efficient LED system.
- Removed old roof-mounted heat pumps and ductwork and installed an energy-efficient HVAC system with internal ducting.
- Reroofed the Roxy, adding 2” rigid insulation and installing reflective vinyl roof membrane.
Now come the next steps:
- Construct the long-needed ADA-accessible backstage/multi-purpose addition.
- Connect the new addition to the Tiller Arts Center via a covered breezeway.
- Add exterior signage and artwork.
Invitation to Bid on Construction of Roxy Theater Backstage/Multi-purpose Addition
Fire Mountain Arts Council is accepting bids from qualified contractors for construction of the ADA-accessible addition to south end of Roxy Theater: 2-stories, 2802 sq ft, two adjacent sections.
Please see this Invitation to Bid for details and instructions. Click here for the invitation
Questions due December 19, 2022.
Sealed bids due by 6:30 pm PST January 19, 2023.
Scope of work
The scope of the backstage/multi-purpose addition project includes, but is not to be limited to, the following, per plans and specifications (see links to these documents below):
- Site preparation
- Construction of:
- Concrete floor
- Framing and insulation
- Siding, windows, and doors, including new doors for entrances into the existing structure
- Roof: white TPO on 2-story roof; double layer torch-down with white surface on one story
- Plumbing: one sink
- Electrical per code requirements and including, but not limited to, lighting over make-up counter
- Fire suppression system
- HVAC system
- Interior finish work, including, but not limited to, sink cabinet, make-up counter and under-stairway cupboards
- Required inspections
Plans and Specifications
Support for Roxy Renovation Phase 2 with Energy Upgrades
The success of this project is a testament to the generous support from volunteers, donors and grantors