Fire Mountain Arts Council
Enriching our community life through the arts.
Tiller Arts Center
OnStage Youth Program
The Roxy Theater
What we are about
The Fire Mountain Arts Council (FMAC) is proud to serve as the cornerstone for arts and culture in the small mountain community of Morton, Washington. Working primarily as a volunteer organization with minimal paid staff and contractors, FMAC creates and delivers extraordinary theatre and education programs to engage community members and visitors of all ages and backgrounds as audience members and participants. FMAC is proud to support three cultural venues: the Roxy Theater, BCJ Gallery and the Tiller Arts Center.
How to get involved
Event Space for Rent
Right next to the historic Roxy Theater, the Tiller Arts Center is a beautiful venue space for weddings, reunions, social events and meetings in the upstairs classic ballroom. The basement contains kitchen facilities and a costuming area for Roxy Theater performances. Contact us to find out more about renting this amazing event space.
Most frequent questions and answers
The director most times will hand you selected pages from the play to be performed. You will be expected to read for several parts. Or…if you are familiar with the play, you can come prepared to perform a scene from the play.
There are many ways to volunteer.
- For a stage production, volunteers are needed for costuming, set building, lights and sound, backstage support, and ushering. Contact the play director.
- For building maintenance and construction, from time to time, there are work parties needed to take care of repairs, painting, or minor remodeling. Contact the President of FMAC.
- For movies, box office ticket and concessions sales. Contact the movie manager.
- For marketing, graphic design, photography, distributing posters, help with mailings. Contact the Secretary of FMAC.
- Apply to be a board member by contacting the Vice-president of FMAC.
Watch for audition announcements on this website, in the local newspapers, and on the community electronic reader board. When and where will be announced.
The director’s contact information will be on the audition announcement. You can contact the director personally and ask if it is possible to schedule an alternative audition time.
he movie this week is here or you can call our landline at 360-496-0541.
Visit our website here or check social media.